Time for the next round of Fandom Tea Blends Giveaways! This week’s tea blend was hard to pick, but I just couldn’t resist doing Sherlock’s any longer *w*! Read below for more reviews/information on the tea, and how to win your own bag of it, as well as an ingenuiTEA tea pot!
THE SHERLOCK BLEND: All at once exotic and mysterious and perhaps a little bit insane, with a lingering hint of smoke. (lapsang souchong, assam melody, oriental spice)
MY REVIEW OF IT: “It smells amazing. I wanted to stick my whole head in the bag. I was actually afraid I had overdone it with the Oriental Spice tea since that’s pretty much all I could smell in the bag. However, once I brewed it, BAM! So smokey. Definitely a very smokey tea, but not nearly as strong as a Lapsang by itself, and once the smokey taste fades you really start to taste the spice again. It’s awesome. I tried it first without adding anything, but there are very few teas I can drink plain. I added a splash of milk and a spoonful of sugar and it was perfect *w*”
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING:
- “Dark, smoky, and spicy is the best way to describe this tea. It smells extremely smoky in the bag (almost reminiscent of barbecue sauce), but it mellows out a bit when steeped. You can definitely taste the smoke, but it is balanced nicely by the spice.”-Michelle T.
- “Best of these blends I’ve tried so far. If there’s one tea that can stand up to a spices, Lapsang Souchong is probably it. The assam melody likely bolsters it as well, and seems to have helped with what usually throws off people I try to introduce to Lapsang: they smell it, and it reminds them of barbecue sauce—not a problem with this blend. It’s perfect: dark, smooth, smoky, and all of those other lovely things, with not-overpowering spice. Perfection.”-Katrina W.
- ” This is actually a really warming blend, in my opinion. The smokey aroma reminds me of a dimly lit room and a cigar or cigarette and the warm and spicy flavor soothe me to my core.”-Alicia B.
- “Dark, spicy and sensually smoky. I was hesitant at first, but after a spoonful of sugar, I melted right in.”-Abigail L.
- “It’s difficult to describe. A hint of…danger? I sound silly, but it really is an intriguing blend. Like you have to drink more to figure it out. All in all, a perfect blend for Sherlock.“-Kayla B.